Security X-ray Threat Detection Training (Classroom/practical, 1-4 days)
Certify your staff for airport baggage, cargo, Security and mail screening facility according to European Commission regulations.
Our courses provides a solid foundation for new recruits as well as refresher courses for experienced operatives. Courses complement on-the-job training.
Using our continuously updated simulation system, participants can practice their x-ray screening and threat detection skills in the safety of the classroom. Staff are taught by experienced DFT approved instructors in our purpose built training room or at the customers site using their own machine.
Basic Threat detection:- Duration: 21 day (8 hours)
Advanced course :- Duration: 2 – 4 days (16 to 32 hours)
What you will learn :- (Advanced)
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Certify staff to perform x-ray screening
- Certify staff in their field of specialization (baggage or cargo)
- Train staff on the current threats to security
- Provide a practice environment to apply threat detection methodologies and screening skills
Background and Regulations
- Aviation security history and current trends
- Aviation security legislation
- Explosives and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
X-ray Screening Skills
- X-ray screening equipment and methods
- Inner workings of screening equipment
- Cargo and mail screening techniques
- Health and safety using detection technology
- Identifying weapons and IEDs in an x-ray
- Screening packed luggage and cargo packages
Who should attend
Our courses are recommended for entry-level security staff and staff requiring a refresher course from:-
- Cargo companies
- Security service providers
- Law enforcement agencies using screening equipment
- Mail and courier companies
A Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.