Security X-Ray Machine

If you’re looking for a Security X-Ray Machine within the UK, you have come to the right place!

Scan X Security are specialists in the UK for Security X-Ray Machines and Xray Machines.

We offer a wide range of security x-ray machines for rental, take a look through our catalogue – or if you need help please get in touch and one of our team will be happy to help.


How do Security X-Ray Machines work?

The contents of an X-Ray machine is the X-Ray tube. Being a vacuum tube, the X-Ray tube contains a cathode which directs a stream of electrons into a vacuum, then an anode, which collects the electrons (which is made of copper) to evacuate the heat generated. When the electrons collide with the target about 1% of the resulting energy is emitted as X-Rays and the remaining 99% released as heat. Due to the high energy of the electrons that reach relativistic speeds the target is usually made of tungsten, even if other material can be used particularly in XRF (X-Ray Fluorescence) applications.

Using X-Ray Machines for security?

X-Ray machines are used to screen objects non-intrusively. Baggage at airports is inspected for concealable weapons, including bombs. Prices of X-Ray machines vary from £20,000 to £300,000. The main parts of an X-Ray Machine are the generator used to generate the X-Rays, the detector to detect radiation after passing through the baggage/scanned item, signal processor unit (typically a PC) to process the incoming signal from the detector and a conveyor belt system for moving baggage into the system.